Bubble Chamber Meeting Wednesday August 5, 2015
We will meet in TL 2221 on Wednesday August 5 at 3:30 pm EST.
For those calling in we'll use the Blue Jeans  audio conference system.
Phone number: 1-888-240-2560 Meeting ID: 3528502673# Meeting URL: http://bluejeans.com/3528502673
1. Bubble Chamber progress at JLab
2. Laser Shuttering:
- Would like to use a mechanical shutter (100% extinction)
- John Hansknecht will build a control box that uses TLL signal on BNC cable (TTL=high=close=beam OFF, TLL=low=open=beam ON)
- LST400: on-hand, time to open (~30 ms), time to close (~30 ms), large aperture 8 mm
- LST202: purchase, time to open (~1.3 ms), time to close (~1.5 ms), small aperture 2.3 mm (recommend <1 mm beam)
- Alternatively use an electro-optic shutter (>1000:1 extinction, but fast rise/fall times <5 ns)
- repurposes cell in optical path, so more invasive and more work installing HV driver, control circuit)
3. Beam test of 5D line in the week of August 10 
Notes from this meeting:
- Bubble Chamber:
- Chamber is in place
- Survey is scheduled on Friday
- Will do leak check, hydraulic check, chiller check and all other system checks including controlling the chamber from injector service building and MCC but will not turn chamber on
- TOSP Review is scheduled around August 18.
- Beam time is scheduled on Monday September 14 to Sunday September 20. Brad and Ernst will come few days earlier to turn chamber on.
- For bubble chamber: we are limited to 10 µA.
- We need to come up with a run plan for September before the TOSP review.
- Another opportunity to run beam will be in the period: Oct 12 - Oct 26.
- Laser Shutter:
- We decided on shutter LST400 with 30 ms open/close response time.
- Do we have the LabView TLL plug-in module?