GTS meeting 2 16 16
- Update: Carlos will meet with J. Coleman and O. Garza to discuss beamline I&C on Feb-17-2016. Media:GTS Beamline component list.xlsx
- Design Update – Puck and Gun Magnet: media:Design_Update-Puck-GunMagnet.pdf media:Design_Update-Puck-GunMagnet.pptx
- Yan's calculation about solenoid focusing Media:GTS_solenoid_current_vs_focal_length.pptx
- Update: Beamline has been aligned, but we are checking with C. Curtis about the dump vertical position:
- Update: RadiaBeam steering magnets ordered, expected by 02/22/16.
- Update: We are working on the cathode prep chamber, BUT the gate valve separating it form the gun seems to leak through.
- Bubba made barrel polishing work!!!
- Upon receiving electrode form machine shop, he had to use a file to remove deep markins
- Then he used 320 grit sand paper
- And finally, used 70% barrel full with corncob, and let the ball bounce for ~20 hours.
- By polishing a small section with diamond paste (1 micron) he concluded that the finish is equivalent to that he obtains with DPP.
- Next, polish shed! Bubba has a recipe from Mass Finishing for using first plastic cones in the tumbler, instead of the 320 grit sand paper...curious minds await