GTS meeting 3 21 17
- With both solenoids at +2.0 Amps, the solenoid field direction is pointing downstream along the beam path. The field of the magnetized gun solenoid is pointing out of the photocathode into the downstream direction.
- Conditioned Gun at 300 kV with solenoid at 0 to 300 A, left to do it at: 325, 350, 375, and 400 A. Two currents, 350 and 400 A, we attempted before but we will repeat.
- MCRGT01 corrector was firmly fixed to beamline using Al holders.
- Plan for next week (March 27, 2017):
- Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday: open in morning to install beamline but close in afternoon to run beam
- Thursday and Friday open all day for beamline bake. Turn ON the extractor gauge in Gun HV Chamber. Use GN2 heater to send 250 C hot gas through the water lines of the FCup to degas.
- Week of April 3rd: finish bake and instrument beamline
- What we are working on now:
- Put a laser Newport powermeter at the exit window side of the gun using a RS232 for controls
- Put Al cover around laser tables
- Still trying to center the gun solenoid
- Do we want to keep the anode biased at +280 V all times (and while running beam)?
- Yan and Mamun are sharpening their emittance measuring skills - now, we define emittance with no π, see 
- Yan and Mamun have been measuring QE versus Gun HV: 50, 100, 200, 300 kV - see GTS logbook for preliminary results