GTS meeting 6 14 16
- John shorted out the conditioning resistor and filled back the HVPS SF6 tank to 10 psi
- Second pico-ammeter connected with GPIB, to gun anode, needs channel name: like: IDLGT03-> Dump, IFYGT00-> Anode current channel. W. Lu is working on getting the signal in EPICS.
- Adirana and Shukui got the laser power control with a couple of PCs, one controls the actual Verdi output power, and the other the ThorLabs waveplate attenuator.
- Plan for this week!
- Run >1 mA DC for RadCon survey, then start lifetime studies vs gun voltage.
- Perhaps run at lower current, 200-300 micro-Amps to evaluate lifetime, then increase to higher currents.
- Laser spot characteristics
- Transverse laser spot is Gaussian
- DC beam
- 1/e^2 ~ 1mm