March 11, 2017 - Summer SAD Kickoff Meeting
- Injector upgrade big picture and this summer's work media:170310_CIU.pptx
- Load-locked dc high voltage GaAs photogun with an inverted-geometry ceramic insulator
- Carlos Hernández, Gabriel Palacios "Triple junction 'shed' optimization for the 200kv CEBAF gun upgrade" - media:170310_Gabriel.pptx
1. Carlos/Gabriel/Bubba - Move gun to Test Lab. Validate Matt's assertion of plug-and-play of pure alumina vs. conductive insulator, determine stack-up of flange+insulator+electrode. Close layout/geometry loop between chamber + ME drawings + Poisson. Assess stock materials for shed/electrode e.g. Nb/Nb or SS/SS. Main goal is electrode design, but give some thought to testing HV chamber before dismantling.
2. Phil/Joe - See if can locate two large diameter BPM cans, recall existing length of shorter tunnel NEG w/ bellows each end, sketch proposed tube w/ BPM, magnets, does it all fit?, check with Pete about two channels of electronics
3. Marcy - Plan A for vacuum can/diagnostics at gun3 valve, what is useful and makes sense.
4. Joe/Scott - Identify hooks into gun switch software (controls, interlocks), propose modification to allow for gun3 removal
5. John/Matt/Joe - Move Spellman to Test Lab, restore comm for controls to power itself, then test w/ Ross probe, get TOSP ready for HV to Spellman, vacuum chamber, start discussion w/ software for EPICS application.
6. Carlos/John/software - Deploy a radmon at UITF; use FEL control box?, purchase GM tubes, port software app, add to archiver