October 15, 2020 - Weekly ME meeting
Meeting Info =
We will meet Thursday @ 10am EDT via BlueJeans Meeting URL (for video and/or audio call in): https://bluejeans.com/909497334 Phone number (for audio call in): 1-888-240-2560 Meeting ID: 909497334# Passcode : 2864 (anybody can then start the meeting)
Meeting October 15
- From Joe, here is the latest on the AIPINJ magnets (priorities #5, #4, #2, #3, #1)
- FX & FY solenoids (Everson Tesla): Mike QC’d the last shipment of magnets and spare coils. They passed and we have accepted all 10 solenoids and 4 coils. All ETI measurement data is within the +/-5 G-cm requirement. Will send out to Jay and Lakshmi. Invoices have been approved and paid. The tooling was also shipped and can be stored with us if needed.
- DR dipole (Milhous): The 2nd half of the first article is being wound. ETA is next week. Will look to put on measurement stand ASAP.
- HD (Technicoil): Stainless bobbins completed. Starting winding. On schedule to be finished by 10/23.
- QW (Technicoil); No updates; will follow-up with Technicoil.
- Wien Dipole (Carlos): Wien cores delivered to MMF shop. Mike will start the coil fit-up process with coils and vacuum chamber next week (10/19-10/23). Mike performs final assembly and measurements first two weeks of Nov. (11/3-11/13).
- PSS kicker
- Lakshmi completing analysis (due latest Monday) on PSS kicker using 3 types of conductor (reason for add'l work is long lead time availability of Plan A wire)
- Jerry providing input on PSS power supply
- We'll evaluate options and schedule soon, then pick a direction
Meeting October 8
- Component status
Wien quads => due 11/20 Wien quads fixture parts => incomplete Wien quad crosses => due 10/30 Wien quad tapped flanges => due 10/14 Wien filter fixtures => due 8/21 (????) Wien filter rebuild => Carlos' 8-week rebuild => both due by 11/30 for HV testing Wien viewer extension shafts => We have those
Prebuncher cavity => on track for 11/1 Prebuncher amp => due 10/29
Viewer plates and top hats => completed Chromox viewers => due 10/8 Parts to rebuild remaining viewers => from Tony?
A1/A2 fixture parts => due 10/30 A1/A2 cube mods => completed A1/A2 spools => due 9/25 (delivered?) MHD coils => due 10/23
Girders => signed 9/22, due 10/23.....now 11/18 Pedestals => due 11/10
Gamma Ion Pumps => due 11/2 Lesker flanges => due 10/16
15 deg DR magnet => due 7/10 :(
- Remaining Jobs
0 Layout & Points for Gun table + 2I pedestal => top priority 1 Viewer assembly fixture => Marcy has one, would like if a lighter color 2 Will NEG fit 25 l/sec IP on Y => Marcy will check, ask for ENG help if needed 3 Viewer garage dwg => Shaun gave to Danny 4 wien filter electrodes 1 piece => Keith getting ready to place order 5 A1/A2 assembly drawing => Shaun gave to Danny 6 MQW cross assembly/mounting parts => See Danny on Monday 7 PSS kicker magnet => Lakshmi will seutp meeting w/ Jerry/Joe is PLan A OK? 8 finish pre-buncher fab/weld => JOe to check 9 Wien filter girder assembly dwg => Gary updated.....give to Danny? 10 Aperture girder assembly dwg => Gary updated....give to Danny? 11 laser table/encl => down the road 12 Installation drawings => Shaun still working on this... 13 MHD + MQW protective clamp shells => down the road 14 DR 15 deg dipole shim => Joe!!! 15 DR 15 deg dipole (backup) => FY21 budget updated