October 9, 2019
CEBAF for 7 Months
- Calendar for your wall media:191009_CIS.pptx
- SAD Calendar until startup
- Ops is coordinating start-up this time (Spata, Freeman, Aiken, Moser)
- Web gannt view (Internal): http://opsweb/gantt/2019_Fall/fall2019Run-chart.html
- Task View (Internal): http://opsweb/gantt/2019_Fall/fall2019Run-tasks.html
CIS - Status and Strategy to Fall Operations
- Oct 7 - 11 : Gun bake, leak check, lasers ready, laser retro, laser training, laser PQB start
- Oct 14 - 18 : laser PQB continues, Re-assemble instrumentation, HV cables, coordinate with PSS/Ops for HV ON, conditioning?
- Oct 21 - 25 : Make a photocathode, remove SF6 conditioning resistor, crane stuff out, clean up, start making beam w/ PQB checks
- Oct 28 - Nov 1 : Injector setup and PQB checkout
What fits and what doesn't
- Very little else fits
- I don't think we have time for the Load chamber, little time
- Daniel will coordinate removing the big HVPS oil tank
Small shed - lessons learned
- Summary of last ~decade media:CEBAF_Electrodes_2008-2019.pptx
- Priority is restoring CEBAF, but need to evaluate what happened to small shed electrode...
- The sure thing "tee" will be informative, help us find a path forward
- We knew this was a test of Kr processing w/ a NEG coating => maybe we just learned the answer?
- We worry about contamination ... during polishing, during venting, with NEGs, all worth considering, but really how different than usual?
- Laser Room
- Camera measurements (post fiber change)
- Spinning LP for A/B/C/D: http://opsweb.acc.jlab.org/CSUEApps/atlis/task/19669
- Transition Time recheck
- IA setting zero-finding
- Beam to FC#1
- Cathode Rotation: http://opsweb.acc.jlab.org/CSUEApps/atlis/task/18799
- IA/RTP/RWHP settings for all 4 lasers: http://opsweb.acc.jlab.org/CSUEApps/atlis/task/19670
- Pos Diff Feedback to FC1/FC2: http://opsweb.acc.jlab.org/CSUEApps/atlis/task/18793
- Beam to either FC2/ILD (end of injector)
- 90Hz beam motion fix?
- PQB Health check to FC2
- PQB Health check to ILD
- Beam to HallA
- Adiabatic Damping check?
- Dithering check?
- During Experiments (affects other halls, but also necessary for HallC to ensure we are minimizing their Aq well)
- PITA scans
- RHWP sweeps
- Post Experiment
- Spot size asymmetry measurements: http://opsweb.acc.jlab.org/CSUEApps/atlis/task/19669
- Nov 1-4 HCO for isotope run (laser, photocathode, high voltage)
- Nov 5-6 : 2 shifts/day commissioning run, ~60 pC @ 4 MHz, < 1 mA
- Dec TBD : another couple shifts, actual isotope run, ~60 pC @ 4 MHz < 1 mA
- Electrode choice
- Tentative dates for Booster commissioning
- Wien filter testing
- HD Ice run