PPB - Jul 7, 2021

From Ciswikidb
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Info

We will meet on Wed (UAS 9am, JLab 11am, IJCLab 5pm)
Bluejeans: https://bluejeans.com/405130883/4307
Code to start the meeting 4307

Agenda

  • Round table updates
  • GEANT4 polarization output discussion

Meeting Notes

  • Bob Rimmer should be attending next weeks meeting
  • Sami and Mark will start having bi-weekly meetings
  • Ryan and Mark will meet to discuss various positron source designs pros and cons and general concepts
  • Bas and Mark are considering how best to implement particle properties in GPT
  • Andriy is helping regarding AMD designs and realistic parameters
  • Need to consult Yves and others regarding handling of spin vs polarization in tracking codes
  • Potential solution for GEANT4 involves normalization of polarization vector form GEANT4 and a GPT post-processing weight for individual particles to have a 1 to 1 correspondence with GEANT4 output.