PQB Meeting December 10, 2015
We will meet in TL 2236 Thursday December 10 at 1:00 pm EST.
For those calling in we'll use the Blue Jeans  audio conference system.
Phone number: 1-888-240-2560 Meeting ID: 3528502673# Meeting URL: http://bluejeans.com/3528502673
- Beam Schedule:
- Monday Dec 7 during Day: Tune beam delivered to Hall A dumplette in Beam Switch Yard (BSY) at 11 GeV
- Tuesday Dec 8 at 3:00 pm: Hall A closes
- Wednesday Dec 9 – Friday Dec 11: CW beam to Hall A dump (including a full eight-hour run at 80 µA (900 kW))
- Friday Dec 11 during day: Start Hall D setup
- Friday Dec 11 – Monday Dec 21: Beam to Hall A dump and Hall D (including a full eight-hour run at 80 µA to Hall A and 5 µA to Hall D)
- Friday Dec 18 – Saturday Dec 19: 5-pass 11 GeV Mott vs Moeller/Compton (spin dance to study spin-precession in presence of synchrotron radiation)
- Saturday Dec 19 – Sunday Dec 20: 1-pass 2.2 GeV Mott vs Moeller/Compton (spin dance to study spin-precession with no synchrotron radiation)
- Scaler and EPICS variables for the Halo Monitor are ready and tested with pulsers. EPICS data can be shared with MCC. Waiting to connect Halo Monitor signals to discriminators and then to these scalers.
Notes from this meeting:
- Halo monitor signals AA, BB, CC, DD are cabled to scaler channels 1,6,7,8 via 30 mV threshold discriminator and correspond to epics variables aline_halo1,2,3,4 respectively.
- Cavity BPM receivers were cabled to QWeak ADC channels and ready.
- Accelerator (Jay and Yves) plans to measure effect of Moeller dipole stray field on beam steering.
- Highest priority in December is to measure width of beam position differences and width of charge asymmetry at 11 GeV.
- Start with helicity flip of 120 Hz and then try 30 Hz and 960 Hz.
- Will Take a BPM pedestals run.