PQB Meeting November 5, 2015
We will meet in TL 2236 Thursday November 5 at 1:00 pm EST.
For those calling in we'll use the Blue Jeans  audio conference system.
Phone number: 1-888-240-2560 Meeting ID: 3528502673# Meeting URL: http://bluejeans.com/3528502673
- Beam Schedule:
- Injector: a lot of opportunities
- Accelerator: Nov 9, 2015 – Dec 21
- Beam to Hall A: Dec 6 – Dec 21
- 900 kW (11 GeV, 80 µA) push to Hall-A
- 5-pass 11 GeV Mott vs Moeller/Compton: spin dance (to study spin-precession in presence of synchrotron radiation)
- 1-pass 2.2 GeV Mott vs Moeller/Compton: spin dance (to study spin-precession with no synchrotron radiation)
- Accelerator: Jan 28, 2016 – April 14
- B. Michaels – Parity DAQs:
- Parity DAQ in hall (Counting House + Right Spectrometer) is basically ready.
- DAQ at injector is working but Rakitha was going to make some changes to data format to make it easier on our analysis package.
- Errors from helicity prediction algorithm may be related to flipping an ECL cable
- QWeak halo target was installed in Hall A. New optimized halo target will be installed in 2016.
- Ed Folts – Hall A beamline progress report:
- Will break vacuum to take pictures of QWeak halo target.
- May have to move a girder to free space for Moller polarimeter target (Y. Roblin imported those changes in model and everything is fine).
- Kent's list of topics: media:NovemberPQBStudies_Nov5Upd.pdf
Notes from this meeting:
- No reason to break the vacuum to just take a picture of the target, unless the condition of the target is uncertain.
- Halo target controls are connected and have been tested.