UITF Meeting - January 8, 2019
Our Shielding to-do list
- add the SEG blocks, steel blocks: 15 blocks, three rows of 5
- secure these blocks with a structure (Shoreline?)
- can these blocks be put flush to existing wall? by removing the brackets at the bottom. move the brackets outside the SEG blocks. this is my preference.
- Move the conduit so that SEG blocks can be stacked efficiently against the east wall
- purchase the concrete cap as shown by Keith and Walt drawings
- what about the gap between the SEG blocks and the existing outer wall?
- Jason Willoughby to re-route the electric and fire prevention conduit, to make it easy to place SEG blocks
- purchase another pier for the south side of the chimney
- sandbags added to north pier to cover the cracks
- Andy would like a dedicated vent pipe through the north pier, should we replace the north pier presently made of concrete block, with a precast block? like Walt sketched on the south pier
- Do we still add steel or concrete to the bottom of the chimney, to reduce the opening solid angle?
- sandbags into the hole at region between cave1 and 2