UITF Meeting - June 3, 2018
UITF status, priority tasks:
- Commission the buncher and the new SSA, power to ~ 1kW. Valves on either side of buncher Closed, monitor pressure/ion pump current. UHV supplies can only provide 100uA, we can install a bigger ion pump power supply to provide more current, keep the ion pump current less than 1 mA. RadCon needs to be informed. Field emission can generate x-rays.
- Curt to estimate the maximum acceleration the buncher can provide, Poelker to summarize buncher in a document.
- Finish the klystron racks, commission the RF system using loads, i.e., not the QCM
- SSG to update PSS to incorporate high power RF, verify functionality, re-certify
- Finish the straight ahead waist height MeV beamline: Phil/Marcy bake the short section near QCM and remove the clean hood. Start building the rest of the line, however we still need one more section of 80/20 girder
- Shaun, design the spectrometer beamline and detail the two sections of 80/20 girder needed to complete all waist-height beamline
- Meet with HDIce and finish the layout of elevated beamline. Finalize position of HDIce stand
- Installation to grout the location of the HDIce stand
- SRF move CMs from top of cave2, Physics to move ceiling and install the in-beam cryostat for HDIce target, June or July?
- Dipole magnets (two vertical, one horizontal) installed on fixtures, mapped, set on 80/20 girder
- Flanges added to vertical chicane vacuum chambers
- Put another gun together, positioned on table, move pucks from prep to gun and back again, align the mask, one last bakeout of gun and prep chamber.
- Matt to provide specifications for UITF PSS BCM, Engineering to design and build it, SCMB to bless it
- Documentation: PSS BCM Credited Control, MeV OSP, Conduct of Operations, Accelerator Readiness Review, Accelerator Operations Directive,….
- Stripline BPMs
- More UHV supplies
- Pockel cell on laser table
- Evaluate the fields inside Wien filter at settings appropriate for 200kV beam. Modify the chamber if there are regions of high field. Process the Wien at 200keV beam settings
- Vashek specify shielding at trenches and elsewhere, CIS to move lead brick, RCD to verify shielding and add labels
- RCG to install all CARMs