Wednesday July 9, 2014
We will meet in TL 2236 on Wednesday July 9 at 3:30 pm EST.
For those calling in we'll use the ReadyTalk audio conference system.
1. Dial Toll-Free Number: 866-740-1260 (U.S. & Canada) 2. Enter 7-digit access code 4402297, followed by “#”
1- Bubble Chamber progress at Argonne
2- Summer Shutdown Installation:
- JLab beam line fabrication update
- Argonne installation at CEBAF
- 1. Rack space, cable pulls, and remote operation
- 2. What is plan and timeline for moving components to JLab, installing at CEBAF, testing?
3- Fall Operations:
- Accelerator Run Period is September 19 - December 22
- How about we generate a draft commissioning plan to understand tasks, requirements, goals?
4- General Info: ReadyTalk ends August 1st. Migrating to Blue Jeans 
Notes from this meeting:
- Bubble Chamber: still looking for a solution to the nucleation at the interface between mercury and the N2O.
- Tried CO2 but the problem got worse. Also tried C4F10 as a superheated fluid but still faced the same problem.
- Tried C4F10 as an intermediate buffer fluid but it mixes with N2O.
- Concluded that it is not a result of thermal hot spot on the surface of mercury nor it is a result of contaminated mercury.
- Will try differentially cooled mercury,
- Otherwise will have to design and build a new chamber with no buffer fluid.
- Beamline drawings submitted to machine shop and due back at the start of August. The installation is planned in August and to be completed by the end of August.
- Meekins will make the collimator from copper on site (i.e, we do not need the copper from Argonne).
- Argonne to provide a list of cables needed to run the bubble chamber.
- Planning to measure the photon spectra using a germanium detector. Will check with the Detector Group and with RadCon to see if we can borrow one.