Wednesday March 26, 2014
We will meet in TL 2236 on Wednesday March 26 at 3:00 pm EST.
For those calling in we'll use the ReadyTalk audio conference system.
1. Dial Toll-Free Number: 866-740-1260 (U.S. & Canada) 2. Enter 7-digit access code 4402297, followed by “#”
1- Bubble Chamber progress at Argonne
2- Bubble Chamber Schedule at JLab media:Bubble_Chamber_Schedule.pdf media:Bubble_Chamber_Schedule.pptx. What about a dry run at JLab? We can bring the Bubble Chamber from HIGS to JLab for background studies with no beam.
4- Pics and dimensions along the path the Bubble Chamber will take from "curb" to beam line media:140325_BubbleChamberLogistics2.pdf
5- New "5 MeV" Dipole update and shielding of Earth's magnetic field
6- Can we get a handle on Earth's field by measuring the beam energy simultaneously in the 2D Spectrometer? In this case we need to add another BPM and two Quads (could be weak) to this line.
Notes from this meeting:
- A new laser shutter will be used to terminate the beam while the Bubble Chamber is processing an event. The Bubble Chamber will generate a TTL signal, Low: beam ON, High: No beam. The TTL signal will stay high for the period with no beam.
- Do we need superharps? if yes, can we borrow Hall C superharps?
- Is it possible to simulate radiator, collimator and dumps in FLUKA?
- We have steel to build three magnets.
- Need to design the new magnet mounting fixture.
- Need to start planning for Magnet mapping.
- Plans for Earth's magnetic field and other stray fields (rebar field):
- Need to perform magnetic field survey of the beamline in the 5 MeV region. - Two choices: 1- Shielding: use 1/16" steel to cover walls 2- Use 2 beamlines to measure energy (2D and 5D Spectrometer lines). This way we can constraint the stray field effect.