18" gun build status as of October 04 2022
Revision as of 14:40, 4 October 2022 by Chgarcia
- NEG ZAO modules have been installed and wired by Marcy Stutzman
- Vacuum chamber was cleaned, but NEG coating left untouched
- Vacuum chamber was baked with extractor gauge for monitoring
- Chamber was vented for NEG screen installation, then moved to LERF Lab 3A clean room
- beam tracking reminder with titled and biased anode
- anode assembled
- cathode assembled
- assembly time-lapse video
- gun assembly S&A
- gun assembled, under vacuum and leak checked
- gun under vacuum moved to TL1137
- The gun fully assembled is being vacuum pre-baked to ~150 C in TL1137 to ensure there are no leaks, and that the NEG models are not shorted out. Marcy installed a, extractor gauge for vacuum monitoring after bake.
- The plan is to leave the gun under vacuum until ready for installation in UITF beam line, with plans to install in CEBAF tunnel in March 2023.