May the 4th, 2022 -updates
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Anode flange designed based on Injector Phase 1 but with two HV ports
- Drawing complete and sent for approval
- One zero length reducer 10" to 4-1/2" flanges from the GTS that looks it has a been baked many times has been handed out to Vince in the machine shop
- 6 weldable 1-1/3" non-rotatable tapped flanges, in 316 L SS have been received. Two have been handed out to Vince in the machine shop.
- The 3 of the 10 kV SHV feedthroughs have been stored in the cabinet by the clean room in TL1137
- Ceramic beads are on hand
- Anode parts are in fabrication
- Carlos discussed with Marcy the wire option for the anode and tube. We'll use 1 mm thick Cu wire that Marcy has used before, adding a strain relief.
- Screen Design
- Gotta get this done now to move onto layout for installation in CEBAF
- Weaved wire mesh that Marcy prefers: 0.88 mm wire diameter, 0.5 inch square opening is in Bubba's office
- Define layout for installation in CEBAF injector
- The plan is to focus on layout for installing in CEBAF using DS anode flange design from Injector Phase 1 (drawing ending in 0101).
- It is critical to define this flange by the end of April so that it can be fabricated, and vacuum degassed.
- Carlos measured the CEBAF and UITF 14" HV chambers lengths, flange to flange: both measured 18.9". Drawing shows 18.88" ( Media:HV chamber gun 14" diameter drawing.pdf). The 18" HV chamber measured 19.6" flange to flange, Lesker drawing shows 19.66" (media:LeskerPrint.pdf). Shaun to verify with S&A numbers and his model, but that means the 18" HV chamber is longer than the 14" HV chamber by 0.78".
- Media:14" HV chamber CEBAF injector vacuum piping dimensions.pptx
- Clean room in LERF Lab 3A
- Bubba and Phil moved the IR demo FEL gun HV chamber to the LERF vault, along with the segmented ceramic
- Material and equipment from the detectors that a were assembled bu Hampton University have been removed
- Carlos did pre-job walk through with facilities for replacing the lights. Expected to be completed this week.
- Next is to clean up the clean room and keep it clean
TEAMS meeting link sent along with invite