General EEEMCal Meeting Summary 1/20/23
From CuawikiJump to navigationJump to search
PARTICIPANTS: Carlos, Ioana, Tanja, Larry, Julie, Renee, Hamlet, Justin, Lei
DISCUSSION ABOUT PREPARATIONS FOR THE NEXT STEPS
- Possible avenues:
- Invitation to submit full proposal (deadline 5 May)
- Submit to another opportunity: Physics Division MSRI? Other NSF program?
- Re-submit to the next MSRI-R1 (only in 2025 though) or submit to MSRI-R2 (was not encouraged by NSF program manager previously)
- Actions for the next three months:
- Physics Performance Plots - do we need any additional simulations?
- Detector design images - should we generate optimized images?
- Project Execution Plan information gathering - need to define detailed steps in project execution that also require to better clarify the interactions/interfaces with the EIC Project
- Vendor quotes
- Mandatory 1-page letter for a full proposal - discuss which entity should write it and details to include
- Other Actions:
- find out statistics for MSRI competitions
- pre-proposal google drive: make available for everyone via their gmail (Justin)
NEXT MEETING: FRIDAY FEBRUARY 17TH AT 8:00AM ET