General Meeting Summary 1/29/15
MRI PROPOSAL SUBMITTED
EIC R&D MEETING
- Discussion about a suggestion to take advantage of the existing facilities at Caltech that has been used for testing the CMS crystals. Such tests may provide additional information to the already planned tests at Idaho. Crystals could be sent to Caltech 1-2 months after the Idaho tests are complete.
IDAHO TESTS (17 - 20 FEBRUARY)
- Prototype crystals have been dismounted and radiation surveyed and shipping materials are ready
- Annealing of all crystals before shipping them is ongoing
- Transmittance measurement device from Julie arrived at JLab
- Software requires some updates. Hamlet and Steve are looking into this.
- Crystal support needed small modifications since the PWO crystals are smaller than the PbF2 crystals.
- Discussion of results from HA prototype tests
- no clear results observed
- waiting for results from integrated dosimeter to determine the actual dose rate received
- Discussion about shipping the crystals to Idaho
- Hamlet is working with Steve and others on the administrative procedures
- A cooler box will be purchased for transporting the crystals back after irradiation. Keeping the crystals cold should minimize annealing effects
- Manpower for the tests at Idaho: Carlos, Hamlet, Arshak, (ODU student?)
- Discussion about test plan details
- Measure loss of transmittance as function of integrated dose
- Measure loss of transmittance as function of dose rate
- Test curing methods: blue light and with IR LEDs
ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING:
- Idaho irradiation studies
NEXT MEETING: THUR., 26 FEBRUARY 9:00 AM (EST)