General Meeting Summary 1/4/18

From Cuawiki
Jump to: navigation, search

SUBSYSTEM UPDATES

MAGNET (Bogdan)

  • Magnet main coil on the way from New Zealand - anticipated arrival at end of January
  • Magnet yoke on schedule for delivery end of January or beginning of February
  • Many parts are finished and will be going for painting. Still have to finish machine a few items, mostly the parts from the sawed plates. They are all ground and are not expected to take long to machine. A few of the rough machined items are out for heat treat. The painting is delayed because of the extreme cold right now.
  • Pictures of the yoke parts: Pic1, Pic2, Pic3
  • same dimensions, just in a different location


HV DIVIDERS (Julie)

  • Order was placed for 1200 dividers, anticipate 30 day delivery, assembly of a few hundred could be done by summer
  • Need sockets for full assembly
  • currently have ~200 PMTs and sockets at JLab (some have been machined from larger size, but all should be ok)
  • option to procure all sockets this year to finalize full assemblies by next year fall


FRAME (Carlos)

  • Planning to present design options at the collaboration meeting and to discuss possible optimizations. IPNO engineer/designer will also meet with Mike Fowler.


CRYSTALS (Carlos, Rong, Vladimir, TH)

  • Granite table ready for dimension measurements at JLab
  • IPNO setting up for crystal characterization measurements, carried out tests at Giessen U. for inter-laboratory comparison - data analysis ongoing
  • Microscopy and chemical composition analysis were carried out for 12 crystals at CUA.
  • chemical composition determined with XRF, statistical analysis suggests that both, stoichiometry and addition of other elements have an impact on optical properties, more detailed analysis ongoing
  • Optical measurements continuing at CUA


PMTs (Vladimir, A. Somov)

  • PMT characterization setup at JLab - fixed light leaks of dark box in the process
  • 65 PMTs were tested, all with the same divider
  • HV scan, measured amplitudes - looks good at first glance
  • HV scan at fixed amplitude
  • Planning to write report on all measurements and post in Wiki


TIMELIKE COMPTON SCATTERING WITH TRANSVERSE TARGET AND RUN GROUP IDEAS

  • Discussion of analytical TCS rate estimate with CPS based on Jan2017 simulations with NPS only
  • Looks promising and competitive with other experiments - need to check rates in more detail now
  • Discussion of SSA in quasi-real photon production off transverse target
  • Discussion of tests of reaction mechanism in exclusive pion production
  • Action Item: Try to work out count estimate with NPS+CPS setup and what asymmetry can actually be achieved. Can keep the same generator for that


NEXT MEETING: TUESDAY 23 JANUARY 2018 AT JLAB