General Meeting Summary 1/8/15
IDAHO TEST PLAN
- Test time: 1-2 days preferably Mon/Fri during the week of 16 February 2015.
- A draft edited by Hamlet's group, Carlos, and Julie is posted on the Wiki
- Main goals: irradiation studies of PWO at higher dose rates than available at JLab
- Discussion about irradiation procedures, transmittance measurement, and shipping the crystals after irradiation
- PbF2 was irradiated from one end and if got poor performance flipped the crystal - requires clear labeling of the crystals
- PbF2 runplan included irradiation, transmittance measurements with device from OU, and blue light curing sessions
- Action item for PWO irradiation studies: get OU device to JLab and calibrate against the setup there - Hamlet will get in touch with Julie
- PbF2 was transported in little boxes by FedEx. Crystals may have stayed in Idaho for a few weeks after irradiation tests complete
- Action items for PWO transportation:
- locate boxes for transportation
- locate/procure a box that can keep the crystals cold (to reduce recovery - quality of data will depend on this annealing)
- temperature tracking?
- determine pricing for shipping crystals to/from Idaho, e.g., FedEx or other freight companies (CUA used Radiant Logistics for other shipments)
- Discussion about alternative transmittance measurements
- So far transmittance measurements planned for full wavelength spectrum. If one only measured a few representative wavelengths perhaps one could use lasers? Challenge with such a setup may be alignment/stability of laser
- Discussion about manpower
- Ideally would have 3-4 people to cover the shifts
SWEEPING MAGNET (SLIDES FROM BOGDAN, CHARLES, PAUL)
- Based on kinematics table, the smallest angle requirement driven by DVCS. WACS angles larger, but field integral more demanding
- Discussion of the horizontal magnetic field concept
- assumes distance 157 cm from center of magnet to pivot
- concept gives acceptance consistent with kinematic table
- fringe fields compensated with field clamp and "mini magnet"
- for DVCS where one needs the small angles of HMS would have to remove part of the iron
- works with existing power supplies at JLab
ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING:
- Idaho irradiation studies
- Caltech irradiation studies?
NEXT MEETING: THUR., 29 JANUARY 9:00 AM (EST)