General Meeting Summary 1/9/14
NPS DESIGN: DETECTOR MINIMUM ANGLES
- Need some range of what is acceptable for experiments, in particular, at the 6-7 m setting (see Mike Fowler's slide #5 from 14 November meeting) the minimum central angle is 6.7 degrees while the angle specified in the experiment proposal is close to 6 degrees.
- One option to reach smaller angles may be to make a tapered beam pipe at the 6-7 m position so not to change critical angle.
- In general, proposal is in good shape and should be ready to submit by 23 January due date
- Details on NPS components:
- waiting on Hamamtsu R4125 quote - Charles
- PMT shielding will be 2-3 layers of mu-metal like in Primex
- some discussion about listing items for which funding is requested clearly in narrative
- items like modified beam pipe, platform, and electronics/fADCs should be included explicitly in support letter to demonstrate that these are available
PROTOTYPE TO STUDY LIGHT MONITORING AND CURING SYSTEM
- PbWO4 crystals (10) have been ordered from SICCAS for the prototyping along with Hamamatsu R4125 PMTs
- Hamlet presents the plans for prototype studies and asks for feedback on, e.g., what components are needed and developing testing procedures for the detector (PMTs, PbWO4 transmittance, curing with blue and/or IR light, balance between using IR light and heating crystals).
- Ideally want to complete prototype by summer/fall and then test with beam during HA/DVCS running
ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING:
- NPS DESIGN
- RCS/exclusive pi0 photoproduction updates
NEXT MEETING: THUR, 30 JANUARY at 9AM (EST)