General Meeting Summary 10/1/15
PLANNED TESTS FOR PWO CRYSTAL SPECIFICATIONS 2015/16
- Discussion of the document
- Table (p.3) lists the results of measurements of 10+5 SICCAS produced crystals.
- Some properties, e.g., light yield, have not yet been measured for all crystals.
- Orsay and/or CUA have been setting up infrastructure that could enable these measurements
- When populating the table it is important to note the exact conditions under which the measurements were made
- Action item: add a "comments" column to the table that lists special properties of crystals when applicable, e.g., when a crystal has major structural damage
- Table (p.6) lists the NPS crystal specifications
- for the absorption coefficient the numbers in the table are based on the irradiation measurements at Giessen
- it would be good to add the measurement conditions for each of the specifications for consistency with table (p.3)
- Discussion topics with Rainer: completeness of planned activities, measurements and conditions and how they relate to the specifications
LIGHT YIELDS MEASUREMENTS AT CUA
- Light yields of four BTCP crystals provided by Rainer have been measured with a Na-22 source at CUA in a controlled temperature environment. Results from Marco, Indra, and Christian are shown.
- Discussion of measurement method
- Temperature control to ~1 degree, but temperature is monitored throughout the measurement
- Discussion about keeping all crystals to be measured in the freezer at all times to minimize equilibration time
- Discussion about funding status
- Discussion about path forward towards full magnet design by January 2016. CH will followup with PB on engineering/drawings etc.
READOUT AND BACKGROUND SIMULATIONS
- Work is ongoing on both
- For simulations work is focused on getting the code provided by GN to compile and run on the JLab computer system. Some progress has been made with installing the needed GEANT4 libraries.
NPS COLLABORATION MEETING
- Tentative date: Thursday, 21 January 2016 - this is adjacent to the Hall A January meeting
- Discussion topics to include best possible options for photon beams
ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING:
- Updates from meeting in Giessen
- NPS collaboration meeting: confirmation of date and agenda
NEXT MEETING: THUR., 22 OCTOBER 2015 at 9:00 AM (EDT)