General Meeting Summary 11/10/16

From Cuawiki
Jump to: navigation, search

MAGNET UPDATE

  • Magnet drawings for coil procurement and steel machining are complete
  • have been checked
  • are available in the document database
  • Expect steel machining quote by end of the month
  • Discussion of grouping items in the procurement, e.g. coil and corrector
  • Additional drawings will be needed later, e.g. for posts, vacuum pipe etc.


PMT MAGNETIZATION

  • Discussion about general shielding concept:
  • * Based on the field map Bogdan provided we estimated fringe fields at location of NPS PMTs
  • NPS prototype tests are being performed for verification of this scheme
  • single counter prototype has been constructed, has been assembled, and is ready for magnetization tests
  • expect results by the next meeting
  • Additional discussion about the need to mitigate fringe fields around HMS snout when the spectrometer is at small angles, e.g., 10 deg. Transverse fields are on order 200 Gauss. Mitigation concept


NPS COLLABORATION MEETING - THURSDAY, 19 JANUARY 2017, AT JLAB

  • Meeting will start at ~3pm on Thursday, 19 January 2017, right after the Hall A collaboration meeting ends
  • Discussion of draft agenda items
  • Action items:
  • Finalize agenda
  • Circular


HIGH-INTENSITY PHOTON SOURCES WORKSHOP - MONDAY/TUESDAY, 6/7 FEBRUARY 2017, at CUA IN WASHINGTON DC

  • Discussion about draft agenda items. Presentations will include:
  • Required parameters of photon beam for CS
  • Concept of the CPS
  • Application of the CPS concept for a KL beam line
  • Large acceptance detector WACS
  • UVa concept of the photon source for polarized target and experiments
  • Timelike Compton Scattering experiment
  • Possible additional talks for (additional) physics with the photon source
  • WACS - M. Vanderhaeghen? (David H. will check)
  • TCS theory progress - J. Wagner, S. Liuti (Pawel checking)
  • SRC in polarized deuterium - M. Sargsian or M. Strikman?
  • Required parameters of the photon beam for KL facility - Moskov? (Charles will check)
  • Hyperon physics - TH will check with Igor
  • Possible additional talks on source technology
  • Radiation-hard magnet
  • Action Items:
  • Send out circular
  • Finalize agenda
  • Create web page with registration information
  • Local organization


DISCUSSION ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING

  • Magnet coil/steel planning
  • Results from PMT magnetization studies
  • Finalizing agenda for NPS collab meeting
  • Finalizing agenda for photon source workshop


NEXT MEETING: THURSDAY, 1 DECEMBER 2016, at 9:00 AM (EST)