General Meeting Summary 12/4/14
NPS WHITE PAPER AND SCIENCE SLIDES
- The NPS White Paper has been submitted. It can be found here on the QCD Town Meetings web page
- NPS Science slides are missing one slide - Donal, Jixie, and Dustin are working on it
- Bogdan shows an update on using the components of the same magnet for all NPS experiments
- In this design lose < 1 msr out of 25 msr solid angle
- requires minimizing deflection. The preferred way to do this would be with passive shielding. Need to evaluate carefully where one create such passive shielding in front of the magnet.
- Magnet as local dump: this still requires a detailed radiation calculation.
- TCS with transverse target: Arthur is looking into the practical aspects of such a measurements, e.g., acceptance, luminosity.
- Discussion of suggesting 2-3 talks on NPS Science (TCS, polarized RCS) and 1 talk on NPS at the January Hall C meeting.
- Discussion about the NSF MRI and possible cost sharing contribution from Glasgow and level of involvement of UVa
- A separate meeting is planned for Tue. 12/9 to discuss the details of the MRI
CRYSTAL IRRADIATION STUDIES AT IDAHO
- Discussion about main preparations
- Need to ship a mix of crystals from SICCAS produced in 2014 and earlier. Carrier: FedEx?
- Need to prepare a concrete plan for what tests will be done and who will go. Carlos and Hamlet will work on a draft and present it at the next NPS meeting in January.
- Need to calibrate the transmittance measuring device against the setup at, e.g., JLab - this could be done in January
NEXT MEETING: THUR, 8 JANUARY at 9AM (EST)