General Meeting Summary 12/5/13
RCS NEW KINEMATICS:
- Main goal is to measure s-dependence at sufficiently large t. Additional goals are the t-dependence and polarization transfer. Total time requirement is 24 days.
- Working on methods for pi0 backgrounds - simulations.
EXCLUSIVE PI0 PHOTOPRODUCTION
- RCS kinematics should work for experiment. Working on projections for neutral to charged pion ratios to see what can be done.
- To overlap with exisiting data at low energies would require a few more points at beam energy 6.6 GeV, but this is likely a small amount
NPS DESIGN: DETECTOR MINIMUM ANGLES
- Need to check the experiment requirements against the values shown on Mike Fowler's slide #5 from 14 November meeting, in particular for the 6-7m setting. If angle reachable with current design ok, then done, if angle not ok, can explore: i) to move the detector forward to avoid the larger beam pipe, ii) try to find another solution for the base frame of the detector.
- Magnet - Charles
- Check about yoke
- Check for additional good illustrations of magnet.
- Figures of NPS and components (see file sent by email)
- NPS in Hall C: need updated figure that also shows target and correct angles of magnet/NPS - Rolf
- NPS frame: scaled version from HyCal
- Crystal arrangements: include two options where one is all PbWO4 and one hybrid with 208 PbF2 and the rest PbWO4. Need to fix the figure so that the outer dimensions are the same for both crystal arrangements. Show the hybrid calorimeter with minimized transitions between crystals. - Hamlet
- Light monitoring system: flashes blue light from back of calorimeter. Based on design used by PrimEx, CMS, and other experiments
- Curing system: will use curing with blue light as main system. IR system could be used to have permanent curing that does not interrupt the experiment.
- PMT HV bases: show that there is a design and that it was already tested in radiation environment. Can refer to PAC documents for further details on this topic.
- Magnet: can pick one of these illustrations as an example and then summarize results/effect of magnet in a table.
- Background studies: similar to last time. Need updated figure with events not at edge of acceptance. - Marco
- Modified beam pipe: main point is that modified beam pipe is compatible with Hall C exp. Already shown in the first figure, and no need to repeat.
- User statistics (senior personnel/postdoc/grad student/undergrad students) for the instrument: create a representative example based on Hall A DVCS and Hall C Fpi experiments. - Carlos, Tanja
- Management plan: Rolf can give some examples of general structure
- Budgetary Quotes: PMT and PbWO4
ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING:
- MRI UPDATES
- NPS DESIGN
- RCS/exclusive pi0 photoproduction updates
NEXT MEETING: THUR, 9 JANUARY 2014 at 9AM (EST)