General Meeting Summary 3/19/15
PLANS FOR PWO CRYSTAL TESTS
- Consistency check of Idaho results with Rainer's setup in Giessen
- Rainer can do irradiation tests as soon as we send him the crystals
- Discussion about how many crystals to send to Giessen.
- Crystals expected to be released from Idaho in next few days. All crystals will be shipped back to JLab (contact is Walter) and from there crystals # 2, 3, 6, 8, and 9 will be shipped on to Rainer directly. Action items: 1) find out when crystals can be shipped from Idaho and process documentation needed (Carlos, Hamlet, ...) , 2) initiate shipment to Giessen (Rolf, Carlos, Hamlet, ...)
- Received crystal samples, reflector, shrinking tube, APD readout components from Rainer
- Discussion of how these materials could be used for the upcoming prototype tests
- Further tests with remaining PWO crystals at JLab
- Transmittance tests of the 5 crystals received in December 2014 - thus far have not been measured
- Prototype tests with beam in Hall A until summer
- Crystal recovery: depends on temperature (see slide 18 in Rainer's talk from Nov 2014 NPS collaboration meeting). For further studies of radiation hardness may need to consider a temperature stabilized system.
- Crystal light yield: Light yield depends on temperature, e.g., Rainer's measurements were conducted in a temperature stabilized system at 18 degrees (see his talk from Nov 2014 NPS collaboration meeting). A temperature stabilized system could be beneficial for these tests.
- Readout with APDs compared to phototubes
- Discussion of planned submissions of LOI or proposals to PAC43
- TCS with transverse target - will be discussed in more details in next meeting (Arthur)
ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING:
- TCS LOI for PAC43
- Crystal studies at JLab and Giessen
NEXT MEETING: THUR., 9 APRIL 9:00 AM (EST)