General Meeting Summary 3/21/13
- Three possible options for the beam pipe assembly are presented. For the Neutral Particle Spectrometer (NPS) at 8 degrees with:
- the existing large angle beam pipe assembly, HMS angles are limited to >= 15 degrees (17.5 mr critical angle)
- a modified, "three-section" large angle beam pipe assembly HMS angles are limited to >=13 degrees
- the small angle beam piple assembly HMS angles are limited to >=10.5 degrees (8.6 mr critical angle)
- Format of energy spectra and energy distributions for different particles presented seem suitable for simulations. Note that spectra are presented without sweeping magnet. To include sweeping magnet add a cutoff at 300 MeV (see p. 38/39 in PAC39 proposal).
- Some discussions on choice of crystal dimensions. Smaller dimensions are favorable for background rate per block
ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING:
- Need to check how critical smallest HMS angles below 13 degrees are for the experiment kinematics
- Once decison on beam pipe is made, evaluate the fraction of background from target vs. beam line components.
NEXT MEETING: THUR, 28 MARCH at 9AM (EST)