Meeting 22 October 2021
- Thermal Modeling
- Shielding Layout model
- TCS updates
PARTICIPANTS: A. Comer, A. Asaturyan, B. Wojtsekhowski, H. Mkrtchyan, B. Metzger, P. Stepanov, R. Ent. V. Tadevosyan, T. Horn, D. Day, M. Boer
CPS THERMAL MODELING (Amy)
- Heat applied: 30kW total divided over 58 blocks of volume 29.1 mm3 --> per block 517 W/2.91 m2 = 1.78*10^10 W/m3
- Analysis of temperature profile and pressure drop
- max temperature: 615 degC
- Model is working!
- adjust to a more realistic power distribution (equally distribute over full length, max shifted towards the middle)
- update length (note: magnet length was extended slightly)
CPS SHIELDING LAYOUT MODEL (Bert)
- Discussion of design magnet for case where lifted into position vs. installed in place
- Shielding configuration around the channel
- With large weight installed, how to check that magnet does not move?
- how to stack, e.g., around the channel (transporting photons)?
NEXT MEETING: FRIDAY 12 NOVEMEBER AT 8AM ET