Bubble Chamber Meeting Wednesday March 9, 2016
We will meet in TL 2221 on Wednesday March 9 at 3:30 pm EST.
For those calling in we'll use the Blue Jeans  audio conference system.
Phone number: 1-888-240-2560 Meeting ID: 3528502673# Meeting URL: http://bluejeans.com/3528502673
1- New Test Run II Schedule:
- Bubble Installation: May 5 – May 12, 2016
- Bubble Run: June 13 – June 27, 2016
2- Test Run III: Aug 15 – Aug 29, 2016
3- Beam Analysis: energy and position – energy spread and beam size
- Beam Energy:
- media:160309_MottEnergy_Grames.pdf media:160309_MottEnergy_Grames.pptx
- media:JLab-TN-16-xx_v6.pdf media:JLab-TN-16-xx_v6.docx
4- Bubble Chamber work at ANL: media:Progress_March_2016_Bubble_Chamber.pdf
Notes from this meeting:
- Superheated fluid will be C2F6
- Beam Energy Tasks:
- Analyse beam energies used during September 2015 Bubble Chamber Run I, similar to what Grames did for Mott run.
- Measure stray field in 5D line (Bubble Chamber) since new steel was added between 5D00 and 5D01 BPMs and to extend measurement to radiator.
- Use Hall Probe installed inside dipole to study systematic errors (especially magnet power supply) in beam energy measurement (0.01% accuracy, resolution to 2 ppm, and a temperature stability of 10 ppm/°C).
- Measure 19F(γ,α)15N around 5.4 MeV electron kinetic energy to map huge change in rate in this region. Develop a procedure to enable running below 1 nA beam currents.
- Temporary Operational Safety Procedure (TOSP) expired on December 8, 2015. Needs new approval with updates on modifications: no mercury, new collimator, new lead camera shielding.