GTS meeting 10 06 15
- Sheep Chamber
- Phil has connected the ion pump from the sheep chamber and the ion pump from gun vacuum chamber to the bake pump using flexible hoses.
- All the ports have been blanked off. The bottom port has now three viewports.
- It seems that the turbo pump "cube" cart has problems. The rotation speed does not go beyond 1400 Hz, and seems to slow down within a few minutes.
- We have a second turbo pump but has to be disconnected form the LERF 1/4 CM by Frank Humphry.
- For discussion today:
- What we do need for the prep chamber?
- Phil, do we have the hardware needed for mounting the spider/anode?, Do we want to install a gate valve to the new anode spool piece? or do we mount a blank flange for now? Do we have 2 extra 2-3/4" viewports for the new anode spool piece?
- Electrode Polishing
- Bubba is done polishing the shed and the ball
- He will work next on the front and back-end pieces. I expect to have those ready for cleaning by the end of this week.
- Then all the pieces will get UHV cleaned, followed with vacuum degassed in Big Blue.