May 25, 2017 - 200kV gun upgrade meeting
- Task and Timeline Gantt chart => media:170421_CHG.pdf
325kV Gun .... WHAT ?!?!?
- media:170519_325kV_simulations.pdf => Did we talk about this last week?
Gun2 NEG Tube
- Final NEG tube design => media:NEGTUBE_MAY03.pdf
- Ordered (6) 4.5" rotatable, 2-1/2" bore => (2) in hand, (4) on back order
- Ordered 6" to 4-1/2" reducers =>
- (3) FH sent to MMF => One will be read for NEG tube by next Friday 5/26, others week after
- a) check/replace coil leads w/ 240C insulator as needed, some have old shrink wrap
- b) hi pot each coil
- c) measure each coil using HMIN/HMAX -2.5A/+2.5A
- d) Bz v. z at r=0 ALL (and r=2,4,6 mm for ONE)
- e) Bz v. I at r=0,z=0 ALL
- BPM process : Fabricate, Clean, Leak Test, Optical Align, Electrical Acceptance and/or Gabou Line, Install
- Pete Francis performing optical/electrical acceptance testing...
- M20 #1 (Musson tested) - > First M20 with no serial number optically looks bad and did not pass acceptance test.
- M20 #2 (Musson tested) -> Second M20 with serial no. #PM20-127 looks ok...... but probably could use an Optical Alignment
- M20 #3 (Greg Marble spare) -> Third M20 tested great
- M20 #4 (Greg Marble spare) -> Fourth M20 test occurred during electrical interference, re-test on Monday
- What next?
- Send to shop for modification (327755) => Request June 9
- Leak check
- Repeat optical/electrical acceptance
- NEG coat
- Gabou measurement
Gun3 Removal and Diagnostics Chamber Installation
- May 8-12 => Remove and replace Gun3 ATLIS task
- Rebake week of May 30th
Eliminating Gun Switch Software
- April 28 => Remove gun switch software ATLIS task
- Software removed and interlocks tested ELOG entry
- Yet to do a) remove VBV3I02 from special interlock and b) swap PLC for relays