UITF Meeting - March 18, 2016
- 1 Charge
- 2 Advance Material
- 3 Agenda
- 3.1 9:30 (15 + 5) UITF Overview and timeline (M. Poelker) media:UITF overview v2.pptx
- 3.2 9:50 (20 + 5) HDIce description (C. Hanretty) media:Charles_Hanretty_HDice_overview.pdf
- 3.3 10:15 (25 + 5) Mechanical Layout of the entire beamline, Diagnostic devices, beam dumps, spectrometers (J. Grames) media:160317_UITF_OpsReview_Grames.pptx (view animated mode)
- 3.4 10:45 (15 + 5) UITF Optics - keV and MeV beam-lines (A. Bogacz) media:UITF_OpsReview_Bogacz.pptx
- 3.5 11:05 (15 + 5) UITF Gun through 2-7 Quarter Optimization (A. Hofler) media:UITF_OpsReview_Hofler2.pptx
- 3.6 11:20 (10 + 5) High Voltage and Laser Systems (J. Hansknecht)media:Hansknecht overview of gun HV and laser.pptx
- 3.7 11:40 (10 + 5) Machine protection (M. Poelker) media:UITF MPS.pptx
- 3.8 11:55 Discussion (all) media:UITF concerns.pptx
- 4 Reviewer Summary and Recommendations
Evaluate the UITF design with respect to beam requirements for HDIce.
1. Can UITF deliver the beam HDIce needs? 2. Are there sufficient diagnostic devices to aid in beam delivery? 3. What devices or processes ensure the low-current beam is at the intended place on target? 4. What measures are planned to protect the HDIce target from > nA beam for any length of time (msecs)?
*UITF Description _ see Agenda below *HDIce Beam Requirements media:HDIce beam requirements at UITF.pdf *UITF mechanical layout  *UITF Optics Elegant layout releases here *New quarter CM calculation from Haipeng media:Haipeng's calculations for new quarter CM.pdf *UITF schedule media:updated UITF schedule 3_6_2016.docx *UITF parts list media:UITF component count.xls and UITF Element Database here *John Musson's ideas on improving stripline BPM sensitivity media:injection locking paper 1.pdf media:injection locking paper 2.pdf media:injection locking paper 3.pdf