Run Group M
If calling local numbers (with area code prefix 757) from the counting room dial 9+[last 7 digits]. To call other area codes dial 91+[10 digit number]
- Note, all non-JLab numbers must be dialed with an area code. When calling from a counting-house landline, dial "9" first.
- To call JLab phones from outside the lab, all 4-digit numbers must be preceded by 757-269
- Click Here to edit Phone Numbers. Note, you then also have to edit the current page to force a refresh.
CLAS12 Run Group M, Fall 2021
Beam energies: 2.1, 4.0, 6.0 GeV (1.96 GeV/pass)
Important: Document all your work in the logbook!
RC: Stepan Stepanyan
- (757) 575-7540
- 9 575 7540 from Counting Room
PDL: Valery Kubarovsky
- (757) 876-1789
- 9 876-1789 from Counting Room
- Note 1: Be very mindful of the background rates in the halo counters, rates in the detectors, and currents in the SVT for all settings to ensure that they are at safe levels.
The integrated rates on the upstream counters have to be in the range 0-15 Hz (rates up to 100 Hz are acceptable) and the rates on the midstream counters have to be in the range 10-20 Hz (acceptable up to 50 Hz) @50 nA. Counting rates in the range of hundreds of Hz may indicate a bad beam tune or bleed-through from other Halls.
- Note 2: Nominal beam positions: 2C24A (X=-2.2 mm, Y=0.7 mm) , 2H01 (X=0.9 mm, Y=-0.3 mm)
- Note 3: Do not turn OFF FTOF HVs, even during the beam tune with CW beam (turn off if tuned/pulsed beam in the upstream beamline)
- Note 4: In case of a Torus and/or Solenoid Fast Dump do the following:
- Notify MCC to request beam OFF and to drop Hall B status to Power Permit
- Call Engineering on-call
- Make a separate log entry with copies to HBTORUS and HBSOLENOID logbooks. In the "Notify" field add Probir Goshal, Dave Kashy, and email@example.com
- Notify Run Coordinator
- Turn off all detectors
- Note 5: When the beam is being delivered to the Faraday Cup:
- the Fast Shut Down elements: Upstream, Midstream, Downstream, BOM, and Solenoid should always be in the state UNMASKED
- No changes to the FSD threshold should be made without RC or beamline expert approval
- Note 6: Any request for a special run or change of configuration has to be approved by the RC & documented
- Note 7: * Fill out BTA hourly. Click "Load from EPICS" to automatically fill the left side then correct as needed.
- Note 8: Reset CLAS12MON frequently to avoid histogram saturation.
- Note 9: If crate ADCBAND was rebooted: Contact BAND expert and make a note in the HBBAND logbook and in HBLOG.
Run Plan: Nov 10 - 12 2021
A 3-pass beam to Hall-B should be available some time during the day shift on November 10.
Select the beam current when DC R1 occupancy are <5% and/or the DAQ LT is >95%(consult with RC).
Hall Access Items (Wednesday, November 11 at around 8:30 pm):
PROD66 , production trigger rgm_6GeV_inb_v1_0.trg
Shift Worker Notes:
In case of other questions or uncertainties of what to do, call the RC or PDL Every Run: Log screenshots of (this is for the remote shifter)
References and Standards:
(last update 1/14/2020- 23:20)
Nominal Beam Positions
Reference Monitoring Histograms (40 nA, production trigger) 
Beamline vacuum: should be not higher than 5e-5.
Log screenshots of: (this is for the remote shifter, see dedicated tab above.)
Shift Worker Backup Table