The HPS Run Wiki
Beam Time Accounting
Run Spreadsheet 2019,2016, 2015
HPS Upgrade ERR
COO, ESAD, RSAD Things to read before shift.
HPS (E12-11-006) 2019 run, June X to August Y'
Beam energy 4.5 GeV
Important: Document all your work in the logbook!
Bluejeans for Run Meetings on DAY and DAY at 2pm
RC: Raphael Dupre
- (757) 575-7540
- 9 575 7540 from Counting Room
PDL: Valery Kubarovsky
- (757) 876-1789
- 9 876-1789 from Counting Room
* !! Chicane magnets can be energized only when the hall is in Beam Permit, . Chicane magnets must be off if the hall is in Restricted or in Controlled access.
* Fill out BTA hourly. Click "Load from EPICS" to automatically fill the left side then make sure numbers are correct. If needed edit the entry. NO ABUs or BANU if beam tune is in progress, make it all BNA with ER 100%.
* Please close any GUI that is not being used, e.g. close harp scanner after harp scan is done, close chicane, after chicane is ON, etc
Run Plan August 7-12, 2019
SVT Bias Currents:
Shifters must pay attention to the L0 bias currents. This is on both the SVT motor GUI and the main bias GUI. The bias currents will slowly creep up over the course of a run. When the bias current is between 15-20 uA for either L0 sensor, do the following:
Do not let the bias current exceed 20 uA. It takes about 4-5 hours for the bias currents to creep up to those values. Call SVT expert if unsure.
Establishing Physics Quality Beam for HPS:
Note: in order to have reliable readings on two important for HPS BPMs, 2H00 and 2H02, beam current should be >30 nA.
RC daily meetings at 2 pm in the counting-house 2nd-floor conference room.
Meeting ID: 794825703
Online & Offline:
|Run Coordinator||(757) 575-7540 (cell)|
|Physics Div. Liaison||(757) 876-1789 (cell)|
|Crew Chief||9-879-3367 (cell)|
|Program Deputy||9-876-7997 (cell)|
|Gate House Guard||5822|
|DAQ/Online||(757) 869-2188 (cell)|
|SVT||(757) 310-7198 (cell)|
|ECAL||(757) 810-1489 (cell)|
|Slow Controls||(757) 748-6922 (cell)|
|Beamline||(757) 303-3996 (cell)|
|Hall-B Space Frame||5170, 5171|
|Hall-B Forward Carriage||5371|
|Hall-B Counting Room||5126, 5244, 5246, 5247|
|Hall-B Gas Shed||7115|