DR dipole (15 deg)
A new 15 deg bend magnet was designed to operate at higher beam energy and to minimize higher order multipoles.
Final drawing of the magnet is XXXXX.
Milhous was awarded fabrication of two DR magnets (four halves).
- Oct 5, 2020
- First half received from Milhous last weeks
- Mike's report ... The dimension inspection of the aluminum coil fixture is correct. Electrical testing, hipot and surge testing at 500V is completed, all meet JLAB acceptance criteria. Can not confirm turn count is correct with this kind of winding process and there is no additional coil to conduct coil comparison testing. It might be reasonable to assume the wire count is correct as we only have one halve section and no mapping can occur until we receive the next halve. Coil appearance looks reasonable for the fashion used for fabrication/winding. We just need 3 more halve sections to put these magnets together, after QA is completed on the additional 3 articles we will begin mapping.
- Joe Meyer's report ... Milhous winding another half, will shop to JLab ASAP, within a week or so
- Square wire MDS design
Feb 11, 2020 - Final signed off drawings from Danny
- Dipole fixture media:200KeVYDipoleFixture-JL0087295.pdf
- Dipole winding media:200KeVYDipoleCoil-JL0087835.pdf
- Specifications and markup documents
Oct 23, 2019 - Jay mark-up for low- and high- energy coil
- Archive of intermediate drawings
Oct 18, 2019 - Final 15 deg coil fixture
- Drawing media:191018_15_COIL_FIXTURE.pdf