DR dipole (15 deg)
Revision as of 15:25, 14 June 2021 by Grames
A new 15 deg bend magnet was designed to operate at higher beam energy and to minimize higher order multipoles.
- Milhous was awarded fabrication of two DR magnets (four halves).
- Oct 5, 2020 - First half received from Milhous last weeks
- Mike's report ... The dimension inspection of the aluminum coil fixture is correct. Electrical testing, hipot and surge testing at 500V is completed, all meet JLAB acceptance criteria. Can not confirm turn count is correct with this kind of winding process and there is no additional coil to conduct coil comparison testing. It might be reasonable to assume the wire count is correct as we only have one halve section and no mapping can occur until we receive the next halve. Coil appearance looks reasonable for the fashion used for fabrication/winding. We just need 3 more halve sections to put these magnets together, after QA is completed on the additional 3 articles we will begin mapping. Milhous winding another half, will shop to JLab ASAP, within a week or so
- Specifications and markup documents
Oct 23, 2019 - Jay mark-up for low- and high- energy coil
- Archive of intermediate drawings
Oct 18, 2019 - Final 15 deg coil fixture
- Drawing media:191018_15_COIL_FIXTURE.pdf
- MMF measurements of DR001 - media:Dipole_15deg_DR001_FieldMap.txt
- MMF measurements of DR002 (installed at CEBAF) - media:Dipole_15deg_DR002_FieldMap.txt
- Riad's analysis of the two dipoles - media:Dipole15deg_FieldMap.pptx
- January 13 2021 - MMF coil measurements
From: Mike Beck <email@example.com> Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 9:22 AM To: Joseph Meyers Cc: Joe Grames; Jay Benesch; Riad Suleiman Subject: Inductance/DCR DR 15* dipoles Measured Inductance and DCR values for the DR 15* dipoles in half's.
Magnet DR01 TOP-SN#01 L/60Hz=1.617mH DCR=915.9 milliohm BOTTOM-SN#02 L/60Hz=1.563mH DCR=887.1 milliohm
Magnet DR02 TOP-SN#03 L/60Hz=1.527mH DCR=881.5 milliohm BOTTOM-SN#04 L/60Hz=1.540mH DCR=887.3 milliohm
From Jay - The ratio of inductances suggests a 1.7% turns discrepancy while resistance suggests 3.2% top vs bottom in DR01. (inductance goes as N^2, resistance as N). I suggest using the DR02 in the machine.